Thursday, July 20, 2006

Philippine Birds

As I was surfing the net looking for possible names for a new company I'm forming I came across Romy Ocon's website of Philippine birds. He truly captures the beauty of these wonderful animals, many of which are endemic. At the same time I am saddened by the thought that these birds are swiftly loosing their habitat because of urban sprawl, illegal logging and mining operations. Endemic birds are the most worrisome because they are found only in the Philippines and would be impossible to recover once the species dies out.

There are organizations like Haribon Foundation that advocate biodiversity conservation. So all is not lost, but certainly these organizations need the support of communities and individuals to help save these animals from becoming endangered. So go out there and take action!

Here are some of my favorite photos.


































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning photos!

Anonymous said...

OMG I can't believe how colourful and beauitful they are - your photos are really lovely!